Thursday 3 April 2014

It's Fun Raising a Family

Back here I did a post about Kate Aitken and the various books she authored for Wm. Collins Sons & Co. Canada Ltd in the middle of the last century. In this post I'll talk a bit more about one of the books and it's three variants.

It's Fun Raising a Family was a paperback original published in 1955. In addition to a Collins edition there are two branded editions - both for companies that have disappeared.

The edition for Montreal based department store chain Steinberg's (1917-1992) was published half-way through its life. Tamblyn (1904-1978) was a Toronto based drug store chain.
 
Wm. Collins's edition - 1955
 
Wm. Collins's back 
 
 
Tamblyn edition
 
Tamblyn back 
 
Steinberg's Edition
 
Steinberg's back

2 comments:

  1. I did not know that Steinberg's closed in 1992. I often shopped in the first Steinberg's store on Avenue Bernard and Bloomfield Ave (?) in Outremont while I lived in Montreal in the 1970's. I love your blog: it is well researched and very informative!

    François in New York City.

    ReplyDelete